Saturday, September 21, 2002

Happiest childhood times at Banner Lodge

The happiest times of my childhood were spent at Banner Lodge. Remember "Dancing Harry"? I'm sure he's probably not with us anymore but I’ll always remember him along with the coffee shop, the old but yet very fun gameroom, the leaky rowboats and the time we helped Buddy Epsen push his golf cart that had died. Everytime I see him on TV it brings me back to the memories.

I look forward to seeing your photos posted on your great website. I really hope one is an old brochure. If only there was real interest in restoring that place to what it was. You couldn't find a better vacation, it was like home away from home. Thanks for letting me relive a very missed part of my childhood, it really means a lot to me. Thank you.

--Joe Arbini

No comments:

  I am pleased to announce that the new local history website EastHaddamStories.org is now live. It is a project of the East Haddam Historic...