Thursday, March 24, 2005

Frank Davis Resort a wonderful place

My memories of family vacations are always in vivid color when thinking of Frank Davis Resort. Each Christmas I'm reminded of it's magical touch on my childhood by a Christmas ornament I had made at one of the arts & crafts workshops. It has a tiny figurine inside a clear plastic ball with worn writing that reads, "To Coo Coo-with love"

From the car that traveled into the water to the children's parades, it was a wonderful place that I can keep coming back to each year. Thank you!

--Lauren Field

2 comments:

Steven Ziel said...

I worked at Ted Hilton's Resort as a teenager. Some of the jobs I performed are garbage pick up, driving range ball pick up, life guard, and I played in a rock and roll band every Saturday night at the resort. I met pretty girls every week in the summer and stayed employed there every winter doing fix up and repairs. What great memories!

Steven Ziel
Tampa, FL

Steven Ziel said...

Growing up in Moodus and East Haddam was great! It is so beautiful there!

  I am pleased to announce that the new local history website EastHaddamStories.org is now live. It is a project of the East Haddam Historic...