Sunday, November 28, 2010

Movie theater roadtrips


I love your website and visit it often.
 
We used to stay at the Grandview. Do you recall the existence of an old movie theatre possibly called the Haddam? I remember going there on a camp outing and it was typical of the old ornate bygone movie theatres. We went by a school bus from Grandview and I vaguely remember crossing the old East Haddam Bridge on Route 82 to get there. The time frame is late 1950's-early 1960's. Two movies come to mind that I saw there, Pollyanna and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

What was the name of this particular movie theatre? Where was the theatre located and when was it demolished? Thank you.

--Millie

No comments:

  I am pleased to announce that the new local history website EastHaddamStories.org is now live. It is a project of the East Haddam Historic...