Monday, May 23, 2011

Bury Brothers part of town history

When Bill and I were first married and lived by the Moodus Green in the old Advertiser building, I had painted a painting for the Bury Brothers to hang in the meat market to pay off a debt we had rung in meat products in the early 70's as payment. They took it gracefully and extinguished our monthly bill. It was of hereford cows. I'm hoping one of the family members still has possession of it. They were great people and "down to earth folk, always helping their neighbors and fellow man. They are truly part of Moodus history and I will always keep them in my heart.

Sincerely,
--Margaret Delehanty alias "Muggs"
Bonita Springs, FL

No comments:

  I am pleased to announce that the new local history website EastHaddamStories.org is now live. It is a project of the East Haddam Historic...