Monday, June 06, 2011

Working hard, making money, being social


I stumbled across this web site and it certainly brought back wonderful memories.

I worked as a camp counselor at Orchard Mansion starting in the mid 60's. I grew up in Middletown, CT and my Mom thought it would be a great experience.  She was so right. In 1969, I moved up the street, to join my sister, to work at Banner Lodge as a waitress.  I worked there through college.

These summers were the best!  Working hard, making money and having a great social life.

--Maureen Charatan Bernstein

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi, my name is phil paroff, and i worked at banner lodge for 2 summers in the 1960's, and I dated your sister roberta, i can be reached at psep@apl.com

  I am pleased to announce that the new local history website EastHaddamStories.org is now live. It is a project of the East Haddam Historic...