Monday, June 20, 2011

From summer camp to double dating


I was discussing Moodus with a friend of mine the other day and she said that she would love to spend a weekend as we did in the 50’s and 60’s.  I used to love to come with my parents, their friends and family, as well as the family dog. There was always much to do and the camp counselors kept us busy all day.

I remember going another year with one of my friends and her family. I was a little older and had a double date with one of the locals. His name was Louie Pear. That’s about all I remember about the date, other than I accidentally sat on some blueberries in the front seat of his car!!

Anyone have any details on Louie?  I’m approaching age 61 so I would venture to say this took place around 1962-1965.

Can you recommend a weekend getaway in Moodus this summer?

--Ilene Jackson

No comments:

  I am pleased to announce that the new local history website EastHaddamStories.org is now live. It is a project of the East Haddam Historic...